This is a great recipe for the end of summer to use up all the garden zucchini in the house. These muffins freeze well and the kids love the mini chocolate chips! Pair these with cheese or a hard boiled egg, add a fruit or vegetable and you have a lunch. These are also a great snack to have on your way to after school activities.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
These are packed with zucchini for a great lunch muffin or perfect for snacks.
This recipe was adapted from https://www.wellplated.com/healthy-zucchini-muffins/
- 2 cups Shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup Mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup Canola or Safflower Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a bowl, combine banana, honey, brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract and applesauce. Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix gently until flour is mixed in.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin, filling them all evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and put on a cooling rack. Store muffins at room temperature or freeze individually.