I like the idea of making a spaghetti squash but it takes a long time to cook. My mom gave me a spaghetti squash the other day when she was heading out of town so I thought I would see if I could make it in the Instant Pot. The answer is yes you can and it only takes 10 minutes! Truly amazing 😉
Spaghetti squash isn’t a huge hit in our house, although if I put delicious meat sauce on top with some grated cheese it usually gets eaten. I didn’t have any buns tonight but usually I would serve it with a fresh bun.
Spaghetti squash is a great food for toddlers learning to eat as it’s easy to pick up, it looks like spaghetti and it’s a soft texture. With an iron rich food such as meat sauce or beans it’s a great meal for infants and toddlers.
So here it is…the complex recipe of water and squash:
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, take out seeds.
- Put one cup of water in the Instant Pot.
- Place both halves of the squash cut side up in the Instant Pot.
- Put lid on, move valve to seal and set to manual high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Manually release steam
- Shred squash with a fork
- Add your favourite sauce (see below for my go to), some shredded cheese and enjoy
- Chop 1 onion and 1-2 garlic cloves, saute until golden
- Add 1 lb ground beef or turkey, cook until no longer pink, drain and put back into pan
- Add thyme and oregano, ~1 1/2 tsp each
- Add 1 can of diced tomatoes, saute until desired consistency reached (the longer you cook it the thicker it gets)
- Add salt and pepper to taste